2010年7月12日星期一

10" Acer mini Laptop Netbook Review

10" Acer mini Laptop Netbook 160 GB WIFI WEBCAM WIN 7

This computer uses the 1.6 GHZ atom, which is the standard processor included with most ultraportables right now. I've noticed that I can run some moderately intensive software on it, but not smoothly for long periods of time. I tried loading some music software for which a 1.4 GHZ processor is recommended (Native Instruments Absynth 4), just to see how well it would run. I found that it was capable of operating, but it was easy to make the CPU spike if I played more than a few notes at once. Not that I was planning on using this a a music production tool, but I was interested in seeing what I could get away with in case I find myself stuck on an airplane or car trip with my Aspire One and a pair of headphones and want to play around with sounds a little bit. Native Instruments FM8 wasn't so processor intensive and operated much more smoothly. In short, I got about the best response I could have hoped for with the processor and soundcard included. Fairly functional for light doodling.
This little machine is not without its cons, however. While the keyboard is easy to use, the slightly reduced key size will make for an initial increase in the number of typos one makes. It gets easier with practice, though, and doesn't stand as a major issue in my mind. The colored cases also attract fingerprints, as other reviewers have mentioned.
All in all this is a great little computer. Fits perfectly on those tiny college desks with room to spare, hasn't crashed once in the month I've had it, and it's faster by virtue of XP rather than Vista (I imagine it'll be even faster once I dump XP entirely and load up Linux). Another interesting note, I was sitting near a girl with a new Eee PC a couple days ago, and we started up at the same time. By the time hers was loaded and ready, I was already knee deep in note-taking and had three other programs open and running. Why, why Acer, did you have to discontinue this terrific little laptop?? Even my SO, who's a bloodthirsty Mac user, likes this computer.
If you plan to use this computer to go online prepare to have sufficient time. I have a broadband connection and this is the slowest computer on earth. The only good thing about it is that is easy to carry.
Processor and Memory:Intel® Atom™ Processor N450 (1.66 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB)1024 MB DDR2 667 MHz Memory, 1 x 1024 MB; upgradeable to 2 GBHard Drive and Multimedia Drives:160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)No Optical DriveAudio, Video and Graphics:Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 with 64 MB of dedicated video memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9Two Built-in Stereo Speakers & High-Definition Audio SupportDolby® Headphone TechnologyBuilt-in WebcamConnectivity:Acer InviLink™ Nplify™ 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN (RJ-45)Ports/Slots:Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card ReaderSecure Digital™ (SD) CardMultiMediaCard (MMC)Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)Memory Stick®(MS), Memory Stick PRO™ (MS PRO)xD-Picture Card™ (xD)3 - USB 2.0 Ports1 - VGA Port1 - Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack1 - Microphone-in Jack1 - Ethernet (RJ-45) Port1 - DC-in Jack for AC Adapter1 - Kensington Lock Slot10.1" WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite™ LED Display1024x600 ResolutionMulti-Gesture Touchpad, supporting twofinger scroll, pinch, rotate and flipPower:Battery Life Up to 8 hoursDimensions and Weight:Dimensions: 10.17"W x 7.28"D x .99"HWeight: 2.76 lbs.Operating System:Windows® 7 StarterPackage Contents:Hardware Items6-cell Li-ion Battery (4400 mAh)AC Power AdapterAC Power CordDocumentation:Setup PosterWireless Setup CardRegistration/ Limited Warranty CardCOA Label for Microsoft® Installed softwareMcAfee Internet Security™ 60-day insertOnline Documentation:User's GuideAdditional Software and Information:Windows® 7 StarterAcer eRecovery ManagementAcer Launch ManagerAcer Video Conference ManagerAdobe® Flash® PlayerAdobe® Reader®eSobi™Google Toolbar™Google™ SetupMcAfee® Internet Security Suite 2009 TrialMicrosoft® Works with Office Home and Student 2007 TrialNorton™ Online BackupWildTangent

没有评论:

发表评论